A new release train of the framework occurs roughly every 6 to 8 weeks.
Start of next release train: 2022-06-15
In case of structural issues, corrective releases can also be published for some repositories. These corrective releases are motivated by users’ demand so don’t hesitate to contact us.
There is also always a possibility to release a module outside this agenda if necessary, please contact us for further discussion.
A few weeks before the release train, one or two release candidates of powsybl-core are usually published and available for testing and migration of dependent repositories.
Our release train consists in the release of:
- powsybl-core and its sub-modules
- powsybl-single-line-diagram and its sub-modules
- powsybl-dynawo and its sub-modules
- powsybl-entsoe and its sub-modules
For each released repository:
- a release note is written by one of the repository’s committer
- in case of breaking changes, a migration guide is written by one or several of the repository’s developers
- its latest version is updated on the repositories’ pages
- its latest version is updated in powsybl-dependencies
Once all the repositories have been released
- powsybl-dependencies is released
- its latest version is updated in powsybl-starter
- its latest version is updated in powsybl-distribution
- its latest version is updated in powsybl-integration-test
Then, a communication on the LFE mailing list powsybl-announce is done by one of PowSyBl’s committers to announce the new release train.
If at some point, you are interested in the release of one of our other repositories, don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss it. We ensure the release of our most used components but this check list can evolve as users’ demand does.
You can also participate in our TSC meetings for your voice to be heard.
After a release train is published, a new date for the next release train is fixed.